Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

my shift at work made me want to leave the field of nursing. ok, not so fun, but true, indeed. perhaps this was because i was again floated to the ortho floor.. and to quote the resident, "we brake people here and it hurts." yes, i gathered that with my morning of administering narcotic after narcotic and still having my patients crying or anxious. oh my oncology patients, how i missed knowing how to care for thee.

moving on to the fun stuff..

on the way into work, while waiting for the elevator in the parking garage.. i noticed that the girl waiting with me had a little canvas bad that said, "st. kates." i found it interesting and wondered if it was possible that another existed, so i asked her which st. kate's she had attended and guess what!? the same one i did!!! in st. paul, mn!! how crazy is that!? we had a chance to chat a bit as we made our way across the street and into the hospital. she graduated a year before me so we even had the same profs!! fantabulous!!!! a bright start to my morning..

receiving a message from one of my best friends from high school, Ryan. my heart is so full of love for these people i've known most of my life!!

coming home and sitting on the balcony.. and being cold! who said summers in CA were hot? not on the coast! ;)

also having to wear a second layer on the upper body whilst sitting outside.. and out of my collection of hoodies, i chose the old 1970's, navy blue, belted sweater with huge flap collars that i can wrap around my neck if cold, and missing buttons. i got this sweater for $1.00 at a garage sale in st. paul 5 years ago. i treasure it.

meeting a nurse who is brand new to this hospital.. and the look of relief on her face when she realized i thought this place was crazily-run, as well, allowing her a brief 5 minutes of venting. oh the bond of nursing. yesterday i met a nurse who is new to the hospital and traveling. i smiled at her and said, "ok, just go into this knowing that nothing making any sense here and your transition will be a lot easier." :)

got a sweet e-mail from an old co-worker in st. paul! she said they're counting on my return to the twin cities someday, because "with that farmer blood in me" they just can't fathom i'd stay in CA too long! ;) oh how well they know me!!! a sweet reminder of the dear group of friends whom i truly miss!

fun fact about Sunday night.. a girlfriend of mine from high school who lives in las vegas was up in anaheim with her hubby and some friends.. i met them at their hotel, across from disneyland. so guess what people? i went to disneyland. can you believe it? well, i only actually went into "downtown disney" which is free to get into and mainly shops and restaurants.. but hey, baby steps, right?! ;) we had a blast!!! pictures to come!!!

fun fact about monday night! monday was my dear friend, lindsey's birthday! i sent her a text on my way home from work wishing her a "happy" one! i received one back saying that her and my old neighbor boys (the 998's) who are now friends of hers (and the other sisters), as well, were at Shamrocks for dollar burgers!!! oh my heart.. i hope you all had a fabulous time. did i mention that i love and miss you people?! ;)

ok.. one last day shift.. say a prayer that i can actually have a servant's heart cause i'm struggling with that!!!

love to all!! (and if anyone from work is reading this, please tell everybody hi and send a big loud laugh, a song from rent, and a post-starbucks smile from me, oh and throw in a jab at Dick, PharmD for me, will ya?! ;))

laura

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home