Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

well, some of you have been waiting! sorry to take so long to post again.. my internet is less than stellar so i sometimes get annoyed and give up when trying to blog! :) i was writing this blog the day mom left (the 4th) but couldn't get the photos to upload... so let's try again!!! click on pictures for bigger view.. a lot bigger view! :)

Mom and I had a great time while she was out here! It was a vacation for both of us! Sunday we laid pretty low as I had (silly me) injured my foot after walking miles and miles in flipflops on Saturday.. what was i thinking?

We had breakfast on the balcony then mom went with me to my lovely little church just blocks down the road. We tried to make our way to the beach but we joined by just about everyone else in town. Our plan had been to rent bikes and ride up and down the shore but by the time we got there, there were no bikes left to be rented. So we came back and relaxed in an attempt to heal my foot. That night I discovered that if I wore super high heels that my foot didn't hurt when i walked- go figure! I think they somehow took pressure off of the arch of my foot where it was so sore! So I threw those on and we went out for dinner with neighbor/friend Patrick at James' Beach.. a fun, funky, eclectic-crowd-drawing little restaurant near Venice Beach. Had a great time and good food.

Monday morning we had breakfast with the fam at Schooner or Later in Long Beach. Mom really enjoyed it and can't wait to take Dad there! Its a little restaurant on the marina.. outdoors. Its a family favorite. On the way out, we found my dream car!!



And since we were in the area, we tried to look up my cousin! :) I have a younger cousin who's a pro skate-boarder that recently moved to the area as well. We got his address and found his apt. Unfortunately, he wasn't around so we left him a note. Here are some pics for the family.. the little complex he lives at is adorable!






yeah... it was sort of like we were stalking him.. we tried every mode of finding his number. got a nice text from him the next day.. hopefully he and i will be able to meet up.. haven't seen him in a while and i'd love to see him skate!

After that adventure we drove next to the amazing Pacific and made our way back home. Then we packed up for a day at the beach with hopes of bike rides. We went to Venice Beach, got some old beach cruisers and rode up and down the coast with a nice little stop at the Santa Monica Pier and some tasty strawberry lemonade at Bubba Gumps.



Here we are at the Santa Monica enjoying the view from the ferris wheel.. incredible!







Tuesday morning we drove up the Pacific Coast Highway up to Malibu. One beautiful drive, I tell you. We found a free parking place and a spot on the beach and sprawled out! Here are some pics of the incredible waves! mom also got some pics of me playing in them for the first time. i felt like a little kid!!!

























that night we went to a big shopping center/movie theater to get a little bit of both done! we weren't in the store even 10 minutes when the power went out and an alarm sounded with a voice telling us to exit out the nearest door. apparently the whole center, including the attached restaurants and theater all lost power. we heard bits and pieces and found a great amount of entertainment watching people overreact and the good-looking fireman come to the rescue.. of what they were rescuing, we were unsure. :)

we ended up going to a shopping area closer to my apartment and finished the night at a sea food restaurant. mom even tried sushi and sake (japanese rice wine). she wasn't a huge fan of either, but i was proud of her for trying!



like mother...



like daughter...



only mother didn't like! ;-)



Wednesday I had to send her off. :( as most of you know, my mom is huge blessing in my life so it was a joy to spend almost a whole week with her. she thanked me for being a good hostess but in reality, I couldn't ask for an easier guest! And really, i couldn't ask for a better friend.. or a more loving, even-keeled, reasonable, gracious, positive, encouraging mother. seriously, one amazing woman for whom i'm incredibly thankful. her visiting was the greatest gift! :)




thanks to all for the birthday wishes and e-mails. happy birthday aunt tracey and anniversary aunt margo and uncle keith. hopefully personal e-mails from your truly will soon arrive. :)

lots of love to you all!!
laura

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home