Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

i wrote this on Saturday, my last day in the studio, but forgot to publish it:


"here i sit, on the hardwood floors, making real, the name "laptop." waiting for matt to come back, who'd been showing my apartment and is kindly going to check me out early so i can turn in my keys and head out to neighbor brendan's graduation party.

oy

the studio is as clean as it was the day i moved in with the exception of a few random things, for which i've not found a home during in my packing. the creaking floors echo throughout the small studio, and the smell of cleaning supplies waft through the air.

the state of the studio jogs my memory to April of '06 when i was apartment searching and the day i looked at this one. i'd looked at so many places but something compelled me to take this little studio with it's orchid pink bathtub. there were a lot of things i liked about it, but mostly it was just one of those "gut feelings." well, looking back, i'm sure it was God, as too many blessings have come from living here that couldn't have been determined by mere un-spiritual fate. :)

last night was beautiful..

thanks to all of you who stopped by and to those who were with us in spirit. i've always been grateful for all of you, and have recognized how blessed i've been with such an amazing community of friends.. but last night, was a true testimony of your love and friendship! each of you have touched my life in so many meaningful ways....

did you know that when i moved to st. paul, into the dorms of concordia, i was crying? that i cried, almost daily, for the entire first semester. that when i went home for winter break i begged my mom to let me stay and go to a local 2-year school in iowa? hard to believe i almost missed 8 incredible years of life, here in st. paul. i fell in love with a city.. not because of the buildings, all the activity, or even the pubs (despite what you may think!!!), but because of the people.. and if you're reading this, you're probably one of those people.

ah.... my thoughts are scattered and my heart is torn. i'm excited to see what God has in store for me, but my heart is heavy as i begin to realize that i'm really leaving.. and now... i think matt is here to sign me out..

i can't say it enough..... thank you.. i love you all!!!

Newer Post Older Post Home