Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

'twas a tearful goodbye sunday morning as i left 998 and headed for the hometown where I would stay with my parents for a week..

i now find myself sitting in the De Witt (Frances Battnam Wagner) library at a table I haven't sat in for almost a decade. There's one other young woman here but other than that, good ol' bob frank is reading papers along with a few other elderly gentleman who seem to be wandering around checking out different paperbacks and periodicals.

the smell of the library brings back memories of my younger years... the excitement of the summer was scanning the shelves, anticipating the next delightful book of fiction. i used to love fiction..

i sit staring out the window to the church where my parents were married, my were grandparents married, my mom was confirmed, my brothers and i were confirmed, i can see the window to the little cold room where i taught kindergarten sunday school..... oy

its terribly windy down here in the prairie... and warm. feels like summer, already!

i'm trying to tie up loose ends to prepare for my work in CA.. i guess i'm not trying that hard if i'm typing this blog, however.. i plan to get there soon. i have a few more online tests to take and some paperwork to send in.

tonight i'm going to see Jesus Christ Super Star with my mom and hang out with my dear Jen F's little brother who lives in Davenport.

tomorrow is chloe's (niece) birthday. brother brian is coming to town, as well, to put in a little sibling time before i head out. after chloe's birthday dinner i'm going out with the girls (high school friends) who live in dewitt.

friday is the last family dinner and saturday i take off for Des Moines where i'll stay with a girlfriend from high school and her husband. we're hoping to have a cookout that night with all the dewittians living in the des moines area... either way it will be great to spend time with her and her little fam before heading west..

which i'll do on sunday. i'm picking my friend, ingrid (who lives in LA), up at the airport in omaha on sunday. we're staying at her grandma's house in Lincoln, NE that night. Monday we're headed to Colorado where we'll spend the night. tuesday we'll head for LA! Wednesday I'll move into my new CA apartment...

whirlwind.....

time to finish that paperwork! ;-)

2 comments:

I will see you soon...my girls can't wait to meet their auntie Laura!!!

May 25, 2007 at 10:41 PM  

Drive safe and Good luck. Don't forget to get me your new address so I can forward your mail!

May 27, 2007 at 6:09 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home