Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

a prayer by Thomas Merton:

My Lord God,

I have no idea where I am going.

I do not see the road ahead of me.

I can not know for certain where it will end.

Nor do I really know myself.

And the fact that I think that I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so.

But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you.

And I hope that I will have that desire in all that I am doing.

I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire.

And I know that if I do this, you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it.

Therefore will I trust you always, though I may seem to be lost
and in the shadow of death.

I will not fear

for you are ever with me and will never lead me to face my perils alone

1 comments:

Wow. I can't explain the timing of this... how perfect it is. How confused, scared, and just lost I've been feeling about the next few months of life.

Thank you for sharing this little piece of comfort.

Love.

May 11, 2009 at 7:58 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home