Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

Hello friends!!

I now write to you from the Moline airport at which I seem to be stuck. :( My flight has continued to be delayed all afternoon.. bummer since I have to work at 0700 tomorrow morning and I could have spent the day hanging out with the folks instead of strangers in the airport! Oh well.. at this point I'm just praying for safe flights and an arrival prior to midnight!!

Indeed another beautiful trip to the mid-west has come to an end. I'm sad to leave the comforts of home.. the farmhouse in which I grew up, family, old friends, and of course the Twin Cities. Nonetheless, I come to realize how full of joy and love my heart is when I leave and how these trips seem to rejuvenate my heart.

The midwest was a wintery wonderland.. lots of beautiful, fluffy snow! Got to go sledding with the nieces, and as you saw in the last blog, snow fort building! Quote of the day from Claire while trying to climb back up the hill after sledding down, "Warwa!! My wegs are too wittle! I can't get up in the hill!!!" :)

After some good time with the family, I packed my stuff into the little red car and headed north to the cities of Twin. The drive was a bit emotional as it, too, has begun to feel like home. ah, but mostly, I was just excited!!

As soon as I got to town, I dropped my bags at my old roommates's house (where I stayed for the short duration of the trip), changed clothes, and stopped in at my cousins' house for a quick visit, then to the Nook to catch up with dear ol' John.. my favorite member of the "Nook Regulars" club! :) After that, it was off to a house party to ring in the New Year.. a nice evening with friends.

And so on and so forth (yikes! gotta wrap this up, almost time to leave)... every day continued to be full of blessings as I was able to spend time with and see many of my friends in MN. Staying with my old roommates was one of the highlights.. oh how I love these women and miss having them in my daily life!

On my way home, I took the long route through Des Moines and visited some friends from high school who now reside there... always a great time. Highlights include seeing Lesley's brand new baby girl, Siri.. and Leanne's little adorable Will. My friends have babies- incredible!!! As I headed back to De Witt, I met up with my friend Ryan in Marshalltown for lunch... so great.

It was wonderful to see those of you I was able to ... sorry if I missed you this trip, but I'll catch you in April!!! Not sure where I'll be going after that, but I'm contemplating Oregon if a friend or two of mine decide to travel there with me! perhaps another round in B'more.. who knows.

Alright, I must say goodbye to the Mid-West.. plane departs in 40 minutes!


Thanks to all i was able to see.. I shall miss you!

All my love,
XOXO
Laura

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home