Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

dear friends,



things are going ok in sunny ca! i was disappointed to find out that i couldn't move into my apartment until the 31st as i had told my recruiter (who said "no problem") that i wanted to be in by the 30th. this meant another day of suitcase living and another day of waiting..........

fortunately, i've been to ingrid's enough that i feel quite comfortable in her neighborhood! heck.. she happens to live in a very grand avenue-esque neighborhood just next to the beach! so its a great place to be stuck!!

I had envisioned what kinds of the things i could get done without driving (my rental car full of my stuff) and without being moved into my apartment. my friends jill and seth are graciously letting me borrow their subaru wagon while i'm living in sunny CA, so seth and i spent some time trying to figure out details of insurance. fortunately, i have the rental, Fival, until Friday.

speaking of friday.. i'll be flying to sacramento that day to get my CA nursing license. yes, there was a mail-in way to do the same thing, but it could take possibly up to 8 weeks so i just deciding that rather than risking it, i would wait until i got to CA. the ticket was cheap from LAX and it'll be part of the adventure... flying somewhere alone, just for the day! (say a prayer!;))

now i'm anxiously awaiting 9:00 when ingrid and i will leave for marina del rey.. my new city of residence! its only 5 miles from the airport- all of you prospective visitors!!

1 comments:

Oh friend...well said. I love you and am so glad to have another sister in my neck of the woods. Go team! Praying...hope tomorrow goes well.

May 31, 2007 at 9:48 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home