Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.



you know i love a glass of red wine!! well, last night was perhaps one of my favorite nights in Baltimore, thus far (And Inga... when you use that golden ticket and come to b'more, we'll definitely be doing this!:);))! Andrea, Mariah, and I met at the Metropolitan in Federal Hill for wine tasting night.

So for $15 we got 5 small pours of different wines from Rhone Valley, France (I guess it was French night), starting with a white and moving into more intense, red wines with each pour.

First of all, Kudos to the server who remembered which glass of wine all of us were on (we were each enjoying the wine at a different pace) ;) Not only did he keep track of our drinks, he was quick! My glass wasn't empty for more than 3 minutes! Secondly, great atmosphere.. small room, dark wood, candle light, warm, not formal but definitely set back from the rest of the restaurant. Lastly, great company!! Lovely friends I am blessed with.. the three of us had a great time!

Oh and for some potentially exciting news for Laura, there is talk of a girls vacation to somewhere warm and beachy! Never before have I been on a trip like that (there was no such thing as "spring break" at my high school, nor did I desire to spend my college breaks anywhere but Iowa!). So... I'm thinking this might be the time to splurge, just a little, and go on a real vacation with my girlfriends!!! I'm very excited about this and hoping it works out. Last year, they went to Cancun and managed to do it all fairly inexpensively. :)

So, its good to be back into the swing of things in Baltimore.. the second assignment at this hospital is turning out to be a bit more enjoyable than the first. I'm slowly but surely adapting to the fact that the nurses are responsible for just shy of everything on this floor... its good to be challenged but I truly can't imagine feeling more drained at the end of 13 hours. Nevertheless, its great to have 4 days of to recoup and get things done! Nothing like sitting on your bed-on-the-floor, blogging, and listening to the beautiful sounds of some crazy, loud saw, slicing into pavement and a jackhammer humming a long. Lovely! (but seriously, this is the 2nd time they've dug this pavement up.. what is going on!?)

I'm off to a coffee shop!!!

Peace, friends.

XOXO

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home